Join our Mailing List


Email for bands
Quantcast

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Summer Tour - Day Two


3:00 am -- Opened for The Nadas at The Hub in Cedar Falls. Driving into town, we saw broken trees all over. I was told that there were over 100 mph winds yesterday - enough that a medical helicopter was picked up and dropped on a fence and a tractor was thrown into a grain silo - but according to the local paper, it wasn't a “tornado.”

There was good energy tonight, and there were plenty of people to feed it to us. The Nadas were outstading, despite their claim of running on little sleep. Met some cool people - Diana's friends Ned and Alyse (I hope that's close; she said there was a y and an a in it). Thanks to all the people who came to see us and those whom we'll see again.

John, Jimmie, and I are staying my Dad's house; Diana, Jason, Jess, and Cory are staying at Diana's. Diana promised me guacamole, but I don't see my dad that often - others were lured over by the prospect of sleeping on beds and comfy couches. John, dad, and I drank Black Velvet and talked about real estate and car accidents.

Sunday, 2:00 pm - I'm told the guacamole didn't happen. Dad brought us donuts. He and my stepmom looked awfully cute in their matching S4 tshirts:



Now we all have heavy guts from eating "New Century International Cuisine."

In the van now, headed Minneapolis. Playing with the Slats at the Uptown tonight. Rock.

-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

  1. I want one of those shirts. Where can I get one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are awesome. I brought one home for the misses. I bet you can get one sunday at AK's for SSSS at nada nother sunday.

    ReplyDelete